So I gotta say… I’m feeling pretty smug about my #vegan #blackbeanburgers… These hold up well on a bun AND you can snack on them raw without dying 😆
Oh yeah, and they’re delicious too. Next time I’m going to try adding marinated mushrooms to them for texture!
- 1 can black beans
- 1cup cooked white rice (sticky preferred)
- 1/2 red onion finely diced and caramelized
- 1tbsp each cumin, Chile pwd, salt, pepper, garlic pwd
- 1/2 tsp + cayenne, depending on how spicy you want it
- 3 tbsp vegan bbq sauce
- 2tbsp ground flax seeds (binds like an egg)
Throw it all in a food processor and pulse a few times to start mixing it all up.
then transfer to a bowl, wash your hands and hand mix it together. Really squish it between your fingers to thoroughly mix it… I beat the hell out of it like bread dough!
Once it’s mixed, form into patties and pan sear or coat with a little oil and grill it!
Dress it up however you like your regular burgers. I did mine McDonald’s style with tomato, pickle, ketchup and mustard 😊